Board of Trustees
Ms. Tamara Flowers, Chair
Mr. Robert Nuccio, '71, P'00, '02, Vice Chair
Mr. Brad Berger P'03, '04, '07
Sister Marilyn Bender, CSJ
Mr. James Canny ‘65
Mr. Michael Harper
Mr. David Holquin
Mr. Andrew Hubert P'13
Mr. Robert Kohorst ’71, P'03, '07
Mr. Ray Pearl, Jr., ‘99
Ms. Victoria Richards P'08
Br. Kevin Slate, FSC
Dr. Stephanie Paggi
The Board of Trustees at La Salle High School govern on behalf of the school's sponsor, De La Salle Christian Brothers. As a governing board, it does not function as an advisory body and is not involved in the daily operations of the school. The Board's purpose is to preserve and advance the mission of the school by developing board directives through which the President/CEO works to meet determined goals. The Board uses a system of checks and balances to hold the school and CEO accountable. Policies are developed and monitored in four key areas:
- Whom will the school serve, what results are expected for students and at what cost?
- The boundaries in which the school's management can operate.
- The definition of the distinct roles between the Board and the CEO.
- The nature of how the board will perform its governance role and conduct its business.
All policies flow from the mission of La Salle High School and in the tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers. Of particular concern to the Board are the following “Ends Policies”:
The student population of La Salle High School shall:
reflect the demographics of the San Gabriel Valley
- be not less than 67% Catholic
- include 5% at or below the Federal Poverty line and up to 10% at 200% of the Federal Poverty line
The Board may contain a maximum of 13 members, two of whom must be Lasallians or Christian Brothers.